This Strawberry Cream recipe can be used for many different things! It is also really easy to make! It only takes a few minutes to create delicious strawberry cream! All you need is a blender or a food processor and four ingredients!
For this recipe I use freeze-dried strawberries. When I want a strawberry flavor in baked goods, I always use fresh strawberries. However, when dealing with frostings or a whipped cream I find it is better to use freeze-dried strawberries. It gives it a stronger strawberry flavor and you don’t have to worry about extra liquid making your frosting runny. The strawberry powder will help stabilize the frosting and give it a great color! You should be able to find freeze-dried strawberries in a grocery store, but if you can’t find them you can always order them on Amazon. And they have organic ones!
Since the strawberry cream is easy to make, this would be a great recipe for kids to help out. All you have to do is put the ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix! It just takes a few minutes, so they won’t have to wait long for some samples!
What you use this strawberry cream for is up to you. You can use it as a filling for cakes, on waffles for breakfast, or in pastries. Whenever I think of strawberry cream, I think of those strawberry cream hearts at the store during the Valentine’s Day season. You can try to recreate those using this recipe!
Once you have made the strawberry cream recipe, get a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Then pipe the strawberry cream into a heart shape and smooth with a butter knife. Put it in the freezer for at least an hour or two to let it harden. Then melt some chocolate on the stove over low heat. Cover the strawberry cream hearts in chocolate and place them on another sheet of parchment paper. Put them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes so they harden. Then they are ready to enjoy! If there is any excess chocolate, you can cut it off with a sharp knife. Then store any leftovers in the refrigerator!
The Strawberry Cream Recipe is below. Since this is a filling there is no need to adjust for altitude. I hope you enjoy the recipe! Be sure to leave a comment if you try it out or have any questions!
Strawberry Cream Recipe
- Blender or Food Processor
- 1/2 cup strawberry powder (1.2 oz bag of freeze-dried strawberries)
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (1 pint)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a food processor or blender chop up the freeze-dried strawberries into a fine powder. You should get about 1/2 cup if you use a whole 1.2 oz. bag of freeze-dried strawberries.
- Add in the powdered sugar, then the heavy whipping cream, and then the vanilla extract in that order.
- Quickly mix, then scrape down the sides.
- Continue to mix until the mixture thickens. Should be about 1 minute or so.
- The strawberry cream is ready to use! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. Should last up to 4 days in the refrigerator or 2-3 months in the freezer.