This Pasta Salad Recipe is perfect for summer BBQ’s! It is an easy side dish that you can make ahead of time. You could also bring it for a picnic or camping trip!
This recipe is pretty easy to make. All you have to do is boil pasta and chop veggies! Then mix everything together. I also think it tastes best when made a day ahead, which makes things easier when planning to bring it to an event. And when you boil your pasta, don’t forget to salt the water! It will give the pasta a much better flavor.
You can also customize this pasta salad to make it how you want. If you don’t like a vegetable or want to add something else go for it! Also, for the olive oil start with 3/4 cup. If you want the pasta salad to have more dressing, then add another 1/4 cup. I like the dressing on the heavier side so I usually add the full cup.
If you have any leftovers store them in the refrigerator. It should last 4-5 days if stored in an airtight container. Be sure to mix it up before serving again. If it starts to dry out just add a little bit more olive oil.
Since this Pasta Salad Recipe does not involve any baking, there is no need to adjust for altitude! The only difference you will notice is the time it takes to boil your water and cook your pasta. The recipe is below, I hope you enjoy it! Be sure to leave a comment if you try it out or have any questions!
Pasta Salad Recipe
- Large Pot
- Peeler (optional)
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 medium cucumber (peeled & quartered)
- 1 medium red pepper (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes diced (about 2-3 tomatoes)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 3/4 to 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground yellow mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- In the large pot boil water and cook your pasta. Make sure to salt the water you cook your pasta in!
- Once the pasta is cooked drain the water and let it cool a bit.
- Chop up the cucumber, red pepper, tomatoes and red onion. Add them to the pasta. I peel my cucumber, but you can skip that step if you want.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl add 3/4 cup of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, ground yellow mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk them together and pour over the pasta salad.
- Mix the pasta salad and adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Also, if you feel the pasta salad is too dry add another 1/4 cup of olive oil and mix.
- Add the feta cheese and mix until combined.
- Store the pasta salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Will stay good for about 4-5 days.