Whipped cream is a great addition to many desserts, or can be a desert on it’s own with fresh fruit! Making your own Homemade Whipped Cream is actually very easy! I think it tastes a lot better than store bought too. And has a much shorter ingredient list! You just have to be willing to mix it up, which is easiest in a stand mixer.
One thing to keep in mind with homemade whipped cream is that it does not store well at room temperature. Be sure to keep it in the refrigerator until you need to use it. It will store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, so you can make it ahead of time.
This is a great recipe to have on hand, because you can use it for any season. It is a great compliment for your holiday pies, like my Pumpkin Pie Recipe, or as a frosting for a cake. It can also be used for coffee or hot chocolate. Or by itself with fresh fruit in the summer. I am sure there are many other ways to use it as well!
You will find my Homemade Whipped Cream recipe below. Since it is pretty much just heavy cream, there is one recipe since this will work at all altitudes! Hope you enjoy and be sure to comment if you try it out!
Homemade Whipped Cream
- Whisk attachment or hand mixer.
- 2 cups heavy cream (1 pint)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- For the best results, place your mixing bowl in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Keep the heavy cream in the refrigerator until you are ready to start making the whipped cream.
- Remove the the bowl and get your whisk attachment or hand mixer.
- Add the cold heavy cream to your bowl and mix just before stiff peaks are about to form.
- Add the vanilla and maple syrup and mix to combine.
- Add in the powdered sugar and continue to mix until stiff peaks form. Be careful to not overmix.
- Once stiff peaks have formed, either serve the whipped cream or store in the refrigerator. Homemade whipped cream does not keep well at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container. Will last about 4 days in the refrigerator.