This Easy Chocolate Ganache Recipe is a great one to keep on hand! There are only two ingredients, and it tastes amazing! Use it for anything from frostings, fillings, toppings, dipping sauce, etc.!
My recipe calls for chocolate chips or chopped chocolate. The idea is to have the chocolate in smaller pieces so it is easier to melt. So if you find chocolate chips you like it will make things easier, but if you have a favorite chocolate bar you could use that too if you chop it up.
I used semi-sweet chocolate for a more neutral flavor. If you are a dark chocolate lover, feel free to substitute that for your favorite dark chocolate. I do not recommend using white chocolate for this recipe, for white chocolate requires a different chocolate to heaving whipping cream ratio.
When heating the heaving whipping cream, make sure to keep an eye on it. Stir it occasionally and take it off the heat as soon as it starts to bubble. Otherwise, you risk burning the heavy cream which will affect the flavor. It will seem like nothing is happening, and then all of a sudden it is ready!
You will find my Easy Chocolate Ganache Recipe below. Since there is nothing rising, there is only one recipe which will work at both high altitude and sea level. I hope you enjoy the recipe! Be sure to leave a comment if you try it out or have any questions!
Easy Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- Small Saucepan
- 5 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place your chocolate chips or chopped chocolate into a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the small saucepan and heat over medium heat while stirring occasionally.
- Once the heavy whipping cream begins to bubble, remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate in the small bowl. Let it sit for about 30 seconds.
- Start to whisk together the heavy whipping cream and the chocolate. Keep going until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- You are ready to use your chocolate ganache, or let it cool a bit if you are filling a cake.
- Store any leftover chocolate ganache in an airtight container. It will last about 2 days at room temperature, or 2 weeks in the refrigerator. If you want to store it in the freezer it will last about 3 months.